Question

ID Mobile On Vodafone

• 22 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I was wondering if someone could clear up some confusion I have please.

I cannot remember exactly when I joined ID Mobile but it was a fair few years ago and still have the same SIM which is on the Vodafone network. I have just found out today that they now use the 3 network and not Vodafone any more. I don’t know when this change occurred but was wondering how this effects me still being on the Vodafone network.

Also, is it possible to change my current Vodafone ID mobile SIM over to a 3 one. The reason I ask is that there is absolutely no Vodafone, o2 or EE signal at my house but there is a decent 3 signal so if I can change over it would be a great help. At the moment I have to use WiFi calling when at home.

Thanks for any help.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could pop-in to a Currys store and get a free replacement iD SIM card @RussellS.

Replacement SIM card are not active, so you’d need to activate online via iD app or online iD account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RussellS 

iD Mobile have never used Vodafone for signal in the UK so I’m unsure what you might be referring to, it may be worth trying a replacement SIM card if the SIM card you have quite an old SIM however we’ve always used Three UK for our UK signal.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @RussellS 

iD Mobile have never used Vodafone for signal in the UK so I’m unsure what you might be referring to, it may be worth trying a replacement SIM card if the SIM card you have quite an old SIM however we’ve always used Three UK for our UK signal.

Tom

Hi Tom,

In that case then I’m not sure what I’m referring to either. I must be getting mixed up with TalkMobile who we were with before ID.

This is even stranger then because my sons girlfriend is on Three (directly) and always has a good signal at our house but neither my wife or myself who are both on ID Mobile have no signal at all.

I’ll try another SIM and see how that goes.

Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RussellS,

Please let us know how you get on and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?