Solved

ID sent me 2 sim cards and set up 2 direct debits

• 24 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I signed up online and have been sent 2 SIM cards. I have also noticed that 2 direct debits have been set up on my account. Is it possible that ID has duplicated the order by accident? What is the best way to sort this out? I can not see a customer helpline number anywhere. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 24 August 2022, 17:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @MDZIP, there is no telephone support from iD Mobile.

Their help & support is 100% online - get in-touch with iD Mobile by:

1. Using the online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat
    The iD Mobile online chat team work between 9am - 8pm on weekdays.
    After connecting, type “talk to a person” to get a chat agent during working hours.

2. Sending a private request for assistance to iD Mobile’s social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message). 
    Any out-of-hours private messages on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

3. They’ve also got a telephone sales team on 020 7139 1397, who might be able to help.

Have the 2 order numbers ready when you speak to iD - anyway, good luck.

Update: I spoke to someone via chat. Even though I ordered one SIM card from the website and typed my credit card number in once and pressed complete once, they say I ordered two.
Still have no idea how I only received only one welcome email (not two) etc if I had made two orders…

Anyway, the duplicate account has been cancelled although I will be charged for the “days” it was active. I am extremely disappointed since I received it yesterday, didn’t register and cancelled it today. Customer service could not say how much I will be charged but I fully expect them to charge £12 on the direct debit rather than my contract price of  £12 divided by 30 days. I will complain formally if that happens but already not off to a good start with ID mobile. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Let’s hope iD Mobile put things right properly and fairly - after all, the customer is never wrong.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MDZIP 

Sorry to hear about your duplicate order, however as the chat has said you should only be charged for the time the contract is live, nothing more!

If you feel as if you’ve been charged more than that please get back in contact and we can sort this out for you!

Tom

Can’t access chat line I was promised. A new sim 2 weeks ago

were is it

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Terence Murphy 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?