Question

Identity Theft

I am not an ID Mobile customer, but have had a letter sent to my home address saying an account has been set up in my name with a montly direct debit. 

I don’t recognise the account details, so this is clearly a case of identity theft and fraud. 

How do I report this to ID Mobile so that the criminal can be stopped and the account closed?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

A staff member will be along shortly and they will probably make contact with you via the boards Private Messaging system. Shouldn’t be long...

No one has been in touch with me. This issue needs to be resolved immediately, as whoever is fraudulently using my identity will be spending money using this account as we speak. 

Can a member of ID Mobile get in touch with me to immediately close this account.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

whoever is fraudulently using my identity will be spending money using this account as we speak.

If someone is using your identity to obtain a mobile phone service then I doubt that is all they are doing with it! You should check your credit report and let them know you have been a victim of identity theft!

ID Mobile are not going to just shut down an account because the named account holder claims they didn’t set it up and that they have been a victim of identity theft. Remember, ID Mobile are also a victim of this crime and they will be the ones financially out of pocket and there is a process to they need to follow in order to resolve such claims.

This page contains information and contact details for ID Mobile:

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/idmobile-complaints/contact-details

You’d be better off sending a recorded letter to their Head office address explaining everything and putting them on notice officially that the account was setup fraudulently.

Keep a copy and the receipt of postage.

whoever is fraudulently using my identity will be spending money using this account as we speak.

ID Mobile are not going to just shut down an account because the named account holder claims they didn’t set it up and that they have been a victim of identity theft.

At present, ID Mobile have done absolutely nothing to resolve this situation. Every other company I have spoken to have resolved this situation is minutes, closed the necessary accounts and acted profressionally. 

You have been very helpful by providing that Resolver link. If only the actual company at hand could take accountability and offer half-decent customer service themselves!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Marcus Taylor,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to get this logged accordingly for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?