Question

if i order a sim only today,

• 26 March 2021
  • 7 replies

i dont want it to activate until 1 May 2021.  Is this possible so my billing date will be 1 May?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @jeff67, your SIM and plan is activated the moment it’s scanned out of our warehouse, so what you’re asking isn’t possible, I’m afraid. If you were to place an order today, your first bill would be taken in around 14 days. After that, it’s possible to change your billing date to a date that suits you, but I don’t believe this is what you’re asking.

Thank you,

Rory

ok thank you.  So i would be better off buying  a SIM closer to the date my current provider contract ends?

If i order the SIM online today, is it posted 1st Class the same day?  

Just trying to work out when I should order in timing with when my current provider contract ends

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I’d say so, yes! If you want your first bill to be around May 1st, feel free to place an order with us on Friday 16th April. 

The SIM should arrive Monday 19th at the latest, in that case.

Thank you,

Rory

thanks Rory

Its just that i read the billing date starts from day the SIM is ordered.

is this not the case then?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

It depends what you mean by billing date! The bill will be generated right away, but the money will be taken 14 days from that point.

Thank you,

Rory

OK, the sims i want to buy are 

iD Pay Monthly SIM

30 days rolling

Data: 15GBMinutes: UnlimitedTexts: Unlimited

Pay monthly:

£ 8.00

Is the above an ongoing offer?  I dont want to purchase until im nearing the end of my contract with Vodafone on 1 May (was advised to order 16 April)  where i will start being billed £8 from 16 April

Why iD Mobile?