Solved

imessage activation failed

• 22 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I purchased a new phone took my ID Sim out of my old phone and put it in my new phone and it now says iMessage failed to activate. I have been trying to do this with the guidance of Google and the community. I have spoken to Apple support and it is still failing I cannot send or received ordinary text messages and I cannot do FaceTime or send iMessage. I have put my Sim card back in my old phone and now I’m having the same problem in my old phone I’m losing the will to live as there is no way to phone anybody at ID mobile and I am getting very stressed. As for three days now I haven’t had a working phone. Apple can’t help me and I can’t find any of solutions on ID mobile I have literally tried everything I have read in the community and it is still not working.

icon

Best answer by Tom 23 May 2023, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Antonia Dale 

I believe this was discussed via social media, we’d recommend speaking directly to Apple about this as the errors shown suggest an iMessage/FaceTime error, not an iD Mobile one, sorry.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I purchased a new phone took my ID Sim out of my old phone and put it in my new phone and it now says iMessage failed to activate. I have been trying to do this with the guidance of Google and the community. I have spoken to Apple support and it is still failing I cannot send or received ordinary text messages and I cannot do FaceTime or send iMessage. I have put my Sim card back in my old phone and now I’m having the same problem in my old phone I’m losing the will to live as there is no way to phone anybody at ID mobile and I am getting very stressed. As for three days now I haven’t had a working phone. Apple can’t help me and I can’t find any of solutions on ID mobile I have literally tried everything I have read in the community and it is still not working.

You shouldn't keep switching your SIM between Apple and Android devices as this will cause issues.

First thing you should do is disable Chat RCS, you can do that here. Once done, wait a few hours and do a network reset on your iPhone. Now try and activate the iMessage.

Why iD Mobile?