Question

Incorrect data, text and minute usage

• 27 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have tried to use the live chat (on multiple browsers and devices) to no avail so I am posting here. Both me and my mother have the incorrect data, minutes and text usage showing on our accounts. We both use very little data (we are on WiFi for vast majority of the time), text and calls (mostly we use messaging apps, e.g. I have sent just four texts this month). Yet despite this it is showing as either we have almost or completely used up our allowances. We would greatly appreciate any help to resolve this issue.  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cryptogram,

I’m sorry to hear about this. It is strange that this situation is happening across two different accounts. Just to let you know, our app will show the allowances bar as full and then slowly ‘go down’ as allowances are being used so if you were viewing it the opposite way and think of it as a usage gauge, it may seem like the allowances have been almost fully used whereas they are actually almost full.

Feel free to share a screenshot of your allowance screen (you can blur/crop any personal information) so we can see if this is the case or not. We can then offer further help if required. 🙂

Ryan

Thanks for you reply Ryan.

For the minutes and text we realised we were being stupid in getting the wrong way around but the data saying it was used up is what triggered us to question all the allowances. When I posted my question my data meter was saying 0 of 0 Mb and that I was out of data but it has gone back to normal. However my mum’s appear like it is in the image below. Yesterday she received a text saying she had used 80% of her data which was odd and now it is like this. As I mention she has been on WiFi for the vast majority of the time and does not use much data at all.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cryptogram,

Thanks for that extra information there. If an 80% usage text has been sent, this would mean that data has been used. This could have happened if the Wi-Fi connection went down temporarily. It would be beneficial to turn off Mobile Data when in range of Wi-Fi (or at home in general) and turn it back on when you go out or when the data connection is specifically needed to stop this from happening.

Is your mums account in your name or her own name? We will be able to look into if the data has all been used if it if in your name, however looking at the information provided, it does seem it has all been used up.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?