Solved

Indoor Coverage

• 23 November 2023
  • 10 replies

I have been living in the countryside at Ta24 in Bossington a very small hamlet village. I have 2 sim cards as use an LTE camera to watch my dogs while I am out. This system has worked perfectly while living here.

Sadly lost my partner and now moving to BS23 in Weston Supermare. Here the coverage is poor indoors but ok just outdoors. I use the phone and data for my communication and entertainment so keep in touch with family.

Is there anyway to improve the signal inside the flat so can use the security camera and also make calls use the internet etc?

I was also on BT wifi but thats not available or I would switch phone to them. In the Flat there is a good strong service from Sky so was wandering about them.

Anyone can help a pensioner? he would be grateful

Thanks Rod

icon

Best answer by andewhite 24 November 2023, 17:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Roderick Smith 

I’m sorry for your loss.

Please could you let us know the full postcode of the area you’ve been having issues in?

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom

the post code is BS23 1ED 68 Walliscote Road. There is no signal in the house which is surprising as here in Bossington with old stone walls etc its fine! 

I have 2 cards with you as use a LTE camera for my dogs as a single pensioner with two rescue dogs and a very elderly 14 year old who is waiting to pass on.

regards Rod

I’d advise against posting full name and address details in this online public forum @Roderick Smith

Fraudsters and scammers read forum posts looking for details like this, to use inappropriately. 

Unfortunately, at your location it looks like the iD mobile network is overloaded:

Thanks AndeWhite for that response, I do get signal at either end of the flat but not in the middle where live. I entered into a contract with iD so I wander if they will release me from it so can get a coverage from a mobile provider that does get into the flat? Regards Rod

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

They might, but unlikely would be my view @Roderick Smith. I don’t work for iD Mobile though.

Do you have a home Wi-Fi network? 
If yes, then the iD WiFi Calling service might be the solution.

No I dont at the moment I dont use a phone or the internet much so try to keep costs down to min requirements as pensioner and paying a flat rent is laughable. 

I have tried to change my name as it appears but clueless, its removed my picture etc but cannot work out how to change the name as it appears. Can you offer advice?

Problem with the internet its approx £25 a month for the privilege and thats only for first 12 months. The two cards cost me £16 so they are a good deal for me, but sadly no longer do the job they were bought for

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No I dont at the moment I dont use a phone or the internet much so try to keep costs down to min requirements as pensioner and paying a flat rent is laughable. 

I have tried to change my name as it appears but clueless, its removed my picture etc but cannot work out how to change the name as it appears. Can you offer advice?

The address was more of an issue, but you only have 60-minutes to edit your post - hopefully someone from iD can redact the address. 

I visited my new flat today as moving in this week, I am hoping Tom will respond now after the weekend.

I walked up and down the road today outside of the flat and at times got 3 bars but 2 bars most of the time. That was until decided to go in to the hallway leading to the flats, as soon as went through the first door it went to 1 and soon after disappeared. In the flat it was just not there and when went out the back door was nearly there but not as good as out of the front.
It is going to be impossible for me to use either of the cards in the house as set them up for a security camera to watch my dogs. This has worked well here in the middle of no where! I cannot understand how they can use an excuse like ti depends on how many people are using the service when there is clearly signal in the street and clearly no signal in the house. There is no one using the signal between the street and the entrance hall. It would appear the more likely answer is that the signal is too weak and wont go through a double glazed door. 
Surely this situation is good enough reason to be at least let out of one of the contracts, £6 a month is not a lot but to me as a pensioner it is. I will have to get internet now as only way to communicate with the outside world from within my house. At least I could then use internet calls. I still need a phone for outside use and every call I made today outside was fine, so cannot except the answer it depends on how many people use the service. Otherwise the signal would drop in the street but it did not do this once until went through the door!
Come on iD play fair, or are you just in it for the money like so many others appear to be 

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/members/tom-81259

Hi Tom, you asked me to post address and I am still waiting for you to answer? Regards Rod

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Roderick Smith,

I have checked the coverage at the postcode BS23 1ED.

There is, at times, heavy usage in this local area. As a result, you may experience varying data speeds depending on how many customers are connecting to our network via your closest mast.

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset or a replacement SIM as I can see indoor and outdoor coverage as very good.

Kash