Question

International roaming to EU countries

• 11 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Are id Mobile changing (or have they plans to change) their international and roaming policies from the current “inclusive package” to extra charges during 2022?  It seems many mobile networks are now charging (or will be) extra costs for using your data/call/text allowance abroad,

I ask this as I’m thinking of switching to id Mobile but, as I’m not yet a customer, I cannot get in contact with anyone in the Company to ask.  Very frustrating and very poor potential customer service.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Ian Powell Hi there, 

There’s been no change to our EU Roaming policy, and we don’t plan to enact any. If we do, we’ll be communicating this proactively.

Thank you,

Emil

Hi

I am also thinking of joining ID Mobile on a 12 month Sim Only contract .... does this mean that the current International & EU Roaming policy will renain unchanged for the duration of the Contract ?

... or can it be changed mid-contract ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Howard Helliwell,

We’ll get some further information for you from the relevant team. 

Once we have further information we will get back to you.

Kash

I am an ID mobile customer going to Italy. Would my monthly SIM only package cover me in Italy as if I were in the UK? If not what can you offer as the cheapest option?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Ines asis, roaming in Italy is included with monthly SIM only plans, so you can use your plan’s allowances to call the UK and numbers in Italy.

Just make sure you setup roaming in your iD account and on your phone before you go.

Find out more about international calling and roaming here.

Why iD Mobile?