Question

Internet is painfully slow (iPhone)

• 15 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’ve moved to iD because in my home town it actually has the strongest network, but the speed is so bad - I had a full strength 4G signal a few days ago and it was unusable slow.

Now we’re on holiday so a different mast and I’m having the same problems - I have ¾ bars of 4G signal and my internet is running below 0.20mpbs

I’ve tried contacting iD and honestly the internet is so bad that I’ve wasted hours trying to get hold of them today. It’s also cost us an awful lot of money by not being able to access something earlier.

I’m keen to switch networks ASAP but whilst on holiday it doesn’t seem viable so if at all possible I’d love to fix it. Thanks :)

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 2

Same here. Voice quality is great, Internet speed is a pain!! HU9 4SU area..

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 2

I know it. Threee UK for the last 2 years, then remove this information, then put it back!! ))) Carry out some kind of technical work ...))))
By the way, this status has already been 4 days, since Monday I have been with iD Mobile, so far without changes.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve had a similar status in my location for +6 months.

Three UK are right now turning off their 3G network across the UK - works are scheduled for completion by end of 2024. 

Maybe things will improve in 2025?

Userlevel 2

Different location is much better…

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BigDaddyUK,

If there is work being carried out in your area the services may be limited or intermittent.

In most cases work is completed with a few days, however it can sometimes be longer.

Kash

In my area, no any service repairs and still internet is not working and even WiFi. I have phone from 4th April and wanted to cancel contract. But can't cancel either,as too expensive leaving fee. Very poor service with high prices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gulnara Begieva,

Can I check if you have viewed the coverage in your area?

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

I can see that you mentioned that you have had it since 4th April. If you purchased from iD Mobile you would have 30 days to return this.

If you are unhappy with the coverage and wish to return it within the returns policy, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?