Solved

iphone 13

• 17 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all was just about to buy a iphone 13 and noticed it said it would not work on id5g however it is on the 5g supported list.

Can someone confirm if this phone will work with 5g or not before i buy it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Emil 23 September 2021, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @TKDmike,

A strange situation indeed.

The iPhone 13 promotion, here is this forum, finishes-up stating:

Go for iD

Of course, we’re offering great value deals on the latest iPhone line-up, combined with all the flexibility and control you need over your day-to-day phone experience. Enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over your unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay fully on top of your expenses from the iD app, right there from your gorgeous new iPhone.

Yet for iPhone 13 in the iD Shop, we’ve got a contradiction with:

iD 5G connectivity is not available on this phone. However it will work on our 3G and 4G network.

I guess the iPhone 13 will be made to work on 5G eventually; but 5G coverage is not a good as hype from mobile network service providers would have you believe. Try an iPhone 12?

Good luck anyway.

Yeah I’ve just went and ordered a 13 Pro Max for myself and my girlfriend was wanting a new iPhone. Went to go order her a 13 and noticed it said no 5G available. Not a deal breaker but some clarification as to why would be nice ID! 

Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @cvrpaddycvr,

There’s a similar issue with Google Pixel 5 5G device.

I’m not an iD employee, but I’m guessing iPhone 13 and Pixel 5 5G might need a firmware update and/or testing (by iD) for compatibility with the iD (Three UK) 5G network.

I’d image this would happen in Q4 of 2021; an iD agent in this forum will hopefully provide the answer.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TKDmike & @cvrpaddycvr,

Sorry for any confusion caused by this. We recommend using the list on our 5G Community post here to view the devices that do have access to our 5G network. The iPhone 13 is yet to be placed upon this list but we hope to have it added soon once we have tested the device thoroughly.

Ryan

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @TKDmike and @cvrpaddycvr,

The iPhone 13 now seems to be on the 5G supported devices list for the iD network - that’s according to the iD mobile Get ready for 5G page.

Anyway, good luck.  

Hey @TKDmike and @cvrpaddycvr,

The iPhone 13 now seems to be on the 5G supported devices list for the iD network - that’s according to the iD mobile Get ready for 5G page.

Anyway, good luck.  

Legend mate, thanks for the update/clarification. Much appreciated!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@andewhite Please can you share where you have seen the statement “iD 5G connectivity is not available on this phone. However it will work on our 3G and 4G network.” accompanied with an iPhone 13

As to my knowledge the iPhone 13 is a 5G approved device and will work with the iD 5G network. 

All approved devices can be found here:

Emil

@andewhite Please can you share where you have seen the statement “iD 5G connectivity is not available on this phone. However it will work on our 3G and 4G network.” accompanied with an iPhone 13

As to my knowledge the iPhone 13 is a 5G approved device and will work with the iD 5G network. 

All approved devices can be found here:

Emil

Hi, just incase he doesn’t reply. 

The statement “iD 5G connectivity is not available on this phone. However it will work on our 3G and 4G network” was shown in the basket when you selected an iPhone 13 plan. It did not show on the iPhone 13 Pro / Pro max phones. I ordered a 13 Pro Max and didn’t see that statement, however when ordering a 13 for my girlfriend it showed that message. That’s why me and @TKDmike where both where skeptical. The statement has since changed to “Free 5G is available on this device. Coverage subject to location.”

Thanks!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Emil,

On 17-Sep-2021, if you looked at any iPhone 13 device in the iD online shop, the statement “iD 5G connectivity is not available on this phone. However it will work on our 3G and 4G network.” was displayed.

If memory serves me correctly, something similar was displayed in the Three UK online shop, for iPhone 13 devices.

Yesterday, I noticed the iD online shop had been revised regarding iPhone 13 devices and their 5G compatibility.

Anyway, it’s good news that iPhone 13 devices are now supported for iD 5G operation. That said, with current levels of 5G coverage, most people will be lucky to see 5G on their devices for some time to come.

I hope that helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@andewhite  & @cvrpaddycvr Ah I see, thank you both for explaining this. I spoke with our Online team and I think there was a slight delay in the change over in messaging. Which would be why the old messaging was displayed still. 

Currently, everything iPhone 13 related should be displaying something similar to ‘5G is available on this device’.

If you spot anything else, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Emil

Why iD Mobile?