Question

Issue porting from ID and back again - Could old account be a cause?

• 16 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I ported away from ID mobile earlier this week and then ported back a couple of days later. However the port back hasn't worked.

So far I've tried 3 different SIM cards and tried them in multiple devices with none working and all showing SIM status with number unknown.

I have a complaint raised and online chat have been telling me the same things over and over - restart phone, try in a other phone etc..

I can still log into my previous ID account and this shows my number as it does in my new ID account. Is it possible that something in the background of my old closed account is blocking the number from working? Not really getting anywhere when suggesting this on live chat

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Redsheep79 

Hi had moved from o2 to this company back towards the end of November and on the 2nd I had requested my puk code as I’ve gone back to o2 and I’m still waiting now and I’ve been told if the number hasn’t gone over by Tuesday to get in touch with them.

So I’m sorry to say but best of luck to you as I’ve never known a company like this and I can’t wait to be rid of it completely.

I’m now going to write to OFCOM as this company needs either shutting down or a rocket shoved some where the sun doesn’t shine!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Redsheep79,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?