Question

Keeping number from ID to ID

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Just finished my 24 month contract with id, and just ending it as I’ve now got a sim only with id (new sim came in post). Looking to keep my number, and account email address but cant seem to do either? Lady on the phone said i need to buy a 1 day sim card from tesco or o2 to transfer the PAC number to, then get one from there to transfer the number back to ID because apparently you cant keep your number moving from one ID sim to another ID sim. Means ill be at least an extra £10 out of pocket more than i should be. Also  since its a new number i have to make a new account with a new email?

Please help me.

Thanks,

Tom.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Thomas Sahin I am afraid you cannot port a number from iD to iD. What you needed to process was an upgrade. This would ensure that you kept your number and same account details. With a new plan you would need to set up a new account with a different email address and use the new number.

You do have a few options though. You can do as has been suggested, port the old number to a pay as you go SIM, and then back into iD. This is known as a triangular port. You can keep the new plan with the new number, but bear in mind you will need to cancel your old plan if you haven’t already done so. Or you can return the new plan (depending on when it was purchased) and upgrade instead.

You can find out more here - Returns & Cancellations | Help & Advice | iD Mobile Network

I hope this helps.

Why iD Mobile?