Question

Keeping same number

• 2 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I want to join this network and I am trying to get a sim only deal. However, I would like to keep my phone number from a different network, I have not been given the option of transferring my number. Do I need to purchase the plan first then call about it? 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can get the iD plan of your choice first, and get a PAC for transferring your number to iD later on @CJ Ruelo

Though, I’d suggest testing the network signal where you expect to be using your handset the most before changing service provider.

You can get the iD plan of your choice first, and get a PAC for transferring your number to iD later on @CJ Ruelo

Though, I’d suggest testing the network signal where you expect to be using your handset the most before changing service provider.

Does the network tend to be hit or miss depending where you are located?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think that any mobile network has the potential to be hit and miss depending on whereabouts you are in relation to the cell towers the network uses. 

That’s why I’d suggest checking in the locations that matter most to you @CJ Ruelo.  

I think that any mobile network has the potential to be hit and miss depending on whereabouts you are in relation to the cell towers the network uses. 

That’s why I’d suggest checking in the locations that matter most to you @CJ Ruelo.  

Ah okay! do you have any ideas on how I could do that?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess you could get a pay-as-you-go SIM card from iD, add a little credit and check things out for yourself, before deciding to go with iD.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CJ Ruelo 

You’ll be able to bring over your number to iD Mobile from another network, you’ll need to request a PAC code from your previous network, the PAC can be given to us at purchase/checkout or on the port form.

Coverage will with any network depend on the location, you’ll be able to see an estimated coverage on our coverage checker.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Don’t rely on the online coverage checker, it’s only a guide @CJ Ruelo

The coverage checker uses computer models, to generate a theoretical prediction of signal reception at any given location in the UK. 

The signal may be better or worse than shown with the online coverage checker @CJ Ruelo

iD Mobile state the following about their online coverage checker: 

Why iD Mobile?