Solved

Leaving iD

• 15 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I wish to stop my plan as I will be out of the free roaming area of iD’s plans for three months. Ideally, I would suspend my current plan for this time, but doubt that is possible.

As my current billing period runs until Dec 14, when would I need to leave the plan before incurring costs for the next period?

There is no contract - only monthly billings (28th of the month).

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 November 2023, 23:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll need to provide 30-days notice to cancel your iD contract @daveross.
Perhaps do that now if you don’t want to pay beyond 14th December.

Sounds like you’re not interested in keeping your iD mobile number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @daveross,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance with the disconnection request.

Kash

Userlevel 1

If I now give 30-days notice, will I not be paying for the full Dec 14 to Jan 13 period (because we are already into the Nov 14 to Dec 13 period), or is the billing of the final period pro-rated? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d pay for your network connection during the notice period @daveross, so if you gave notice at the start of your monthly billing period your monthly payment would cover the notice period.

Otherwise, you might have to pay for part of a month. 

Userlevel 1

OK, I think I’ve got the answer: as I have already passed the Nov 14 to Dec 13 billing period, if I cancel now do I just pay for the billing period that I’m in now, plus the days, prorate, that are consumed in the next billing period that are within the notice period?   

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

OK, I think I’ve got the answer: as I have already passed the Nov 14 to Dec 13 billing period, if I cancel now do I just pay for the billing period that I’m in now, plus the days, prorate, that are consumed in the next billing period that are within the notice period?   

Yes, I believe that is correct @daveross

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @daveross 

In any case you’ll pay through to the date the plan disconnects, when processing a 30 day disconnection, you’d pay up to that disconnection date.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?