Question

Looking to upgrade to a new phone

• 29 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m looking to upgrade to a new phone and do away with the old one, will my current plan become the new plan that I purchase with the phone? I’d also like to keep my phone current phone number.

Cheers!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nap87 

When selecting from our Upgrade deals, the number will remain the same. Once the upgrade has been processed, your iD app will be updated to the new tariff. Feel free to contact our ‘Upgrade’s Team’ on our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network function where someone will be able to assist you. Our team will proceed by verifying your details and the details of our competitor’s deal you’d like us to compare. You can chat to the upgrades team here - when in a chat, tell our virtual assistant that you would like to upgrade, you’ll then be directed to our ‘Upgrades Team’. Please note that the live chat ‘Upgrade Team’ are only available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hello my new phone has arrived and currently using it for this service. However I can't locate the number for it, I'm assuming that it's the same as the old phone since I checked the status> my phone number and it comes as unknown. But if that's the case why does my old phone keep ringing and getting notifications rather than the new one? Do I need to turn off the old phone or take out its SIM?

Cheers

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nap87 

When upgrading you will have received another sim. We would advise using either the old sim or the new and not both the sims together. You can carry on using your existing sim if you are already receiving calls on there. Have you checked the iD app to see if the tariff has been updated?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?