Question

Lost dream home - Credit rating destroyed for £3

• 21 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Dear ID mobile,

I had a contract with you which I cancelled online and by closing my Direct Debit.  This was in February,March,April of 2021.

I have just learned today that I am barred from getting a mortgage because I had an outstanding balance of £3.16 and arrears had been applied to my credit file for these three months. ID mobile didn’t send me a default notice advising of their action to my credit file for the arrears, which they are obliged to do before making this life-changing amendment to a credit file, to give the user a chance to clear it up before credit is affected. 

I’ve gone from ‘excellent’ to ‘poor’  for £3.16 that I didn’t know I owed. 

ID unfairly made these life changing amendments to my credit file without issuing me a notice that they would do so beforehand and companies must give the consumer that chance, and I had nothing!.  I need to get a mortgage and have missed out on the dream home for me and my family. MANY SUCH CASES ON THIS FORUM. 

I need this to be sorted - Now.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @martinmackenzie20, sorry to hear about this. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?