Question

Lost my I Phone 11

Hello

I have lost my I-Phone 11 on Saturday Morning 2nd may.

I have registered it lost via iCloud and left a message saying its lost and gave contact number they can call if they find it.

I have also went on to ID mobile and blocked the sim and the phone there too.

I know the street it was lost and delivered a message basically saying its in the area and to ring the contact number I provided.  And I have also contacted the police.

Iam not sure if the battery died or if someone has turned it off. It could be lying in a garden or something or at the side of the road?

So basically its just a waiting game now to see if a good samaratin will hand it in as its virtually useless to them (only for parts if they sell.)

My question is - if I dont get my phone returned.

Basically I would likethe same phone and number without paying all that money over again, a big ask - I know!

Any good advice deeply appreciated.

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @besty81 

Sorry to hear this. 

Do you have any insurance for your handset? 

Regards

Aklima

Hello Aklima

I have no insurance unfortunately.

Regards 

If I buy a new phone do I contact ID for a new sim or what?

As my phone is still under contract and I pay monthly bills etc?

Thanks

How do I get a new sim?

ID’s Live Chat is down due to cover 19, so is my only option paying £5 at the car phone ware house

& will I keep the same number?

Thanks

Also can I cancel my contact with Id now as now I have no phone?

And what is the penalty? for this

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

HI @besty81 

Welcome to iD Community.

So sorry to hear you want to leave us at iD Mobile.

To disconnect your plan, simply :

• Go to the ‘My Account’ Page from ‘My dashboard’
  • On the ‘Manage my plan’ tile, select ‘Thinking of leaving’
  • Select ‘Start Switching Now’ select your preferred option and follow the instructions.

Please keep your Direct Debit open, the reason you should is - After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close, and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open! 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

I DONT WANT TO CANCEL! - THE LINKS DONT EVEN WORK!!!!!

I was just exploring my options.

Why have I now received an email saying

We are pleased to confirm the setup of your Direct Debit instruction for the payment of your iD mobile service. Your details are shown online at http://idmobile.co.uk/myid.

You should also receive a letter confirming your details and if they are correct you don't need to do a thing.  However if any of the details are incorrect you can change them online at http://idmobile.co.uk/myid or if you haven't already done so why not download our app from http://idmobile.co.uk/app.

For your information, your payment will be collected by Direct Debit using the following reference numbers

Thanks

How can I speak to an id mobile agent privately without broadcasting my story.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @besty81,

I have sent you a PM with how is best to get in touch at this point.

Thank you,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?