Question

LYCA port ongoing issues still?

• 17 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I'm new to ID, I have read several posts on the net about LYCA failed ports and their 'cyber' attack, needing server replaced etc. Is there still an ongoing backlog?

I switched 2 days ago but no sms calls working 100%, I was told Lyca haven't sent the files across. Its hugely frustrating having a £1000 phone I can't use.

I have spoken to both and just told to wait.

I am just looking for some clarification on if there is a backlog dealing with pac requests still on LYCA end?

Thanks,

Gareth 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @garthybarthy, have you chatted again with the iD support team about your switching issues? Their preferred communication channels for are:

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

FYI, OFCOM rules for mobile number portability make the gaining provider (iD) 100% responsible for getting the switch done on-time and correctly. Current industry processes for this might not have sufficient incentives to make the losing provider (Lyca) play-by-the-rules though.

Hi,

I've spoken to ID and LYCA, just get told to wait with no timeframe in sight.

They have refunded 7 days rental but I would rather have a working phone! Its their loss as if its not sorted in the next few days the phone is going back!

Anybody else got any ideas on anyone I can speak to? Customer services are beyond useless, same pre typed message they send everytime I ask for help. So frustrating they don't have a phone line.

Thank you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @garthybarthy, iD don’t have a telephone support helpline. All iD help & support is online. 

IMO the social media channels offer the best customer support - online chat is often a lottery.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @garthybarthy 

There aren’t any specific ongoing issues with the Lyca network and porting at the moment, has your port completed yet?

Have you been able to get in contact via the methods outlined above by @andewhite?

Tom

Hi,

I have arranged for the phone to go back as I've had enough of the 'customer service'.

I have been told today the technical team have escalated the problem to 3 and to wait 24 hours, I won't hold my breath!

If it isn't sorted within the 14 day window it will be going back unfortunately as I've had enough.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @garthybarthy 

I’m sorry to hear this has brought you to make a return on your plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?