Solved

Lyca to I.D mobile

• 13 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Moved from Lyca to I.d about a week ago. Number has transferred and I can make outgoing calls but nobody can call me. Cannot find help number from i.d. 

Anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Kash 17 October 2023, 13:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yes, this is a know issue. It’s affecting almost everyone who is porting out of LYCAMOBILE. 

LYCAMOBILE are rebuilding their servers after a serious cyber attack. Hopefully all port requests will be completed sometime next week.

I am in the same position myself:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Failed-Number-Port/td-p/2738548

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bourbon,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that Lyca Mobile get this resolved for you soon.

If you have any issues after they have fixed the issue, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I'm having exactly the same Split-Port problem since porting over from LycaMobile at the end of September. Calls out ok / No incoming calls (dead line for callers). Texts in and out ok (AFTER I reset Google text Messenger "RCS Chats" - Turned off then on again, as it had an old number recorded in my Google account).

So, I'm waiting for this LycaMobile fiasco to hopefully resolve soon too. I even called LycaMobile customer services today who claim that my number is no-longer with them and "fully ported out" 🤔🤨 (No help there then - no surprise) ... & to contact my current provider for assistance.

I am getting daily reimbursement for the lack of service, but that's not what I'm after. A few pence a day hardly rectifies the issue of both sides claiming it's not their fault, leaving the customer with half a mobile phone service to contend with - for an unknown length if time. Infuriating. 

Userlevel 1

Mine was sorted yesterday so just over a week. I think yours will be very soon as Lyca sorted their servers at the weekend apparently. Good luck!

Userlevel 1

@Bourbon Thanks for that 👍👌

Hopeful news at least. Did you get a text from iD Mobile when it got sorted?

Userlevel 1

I did 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @boothy99 

We’re working through some port issues with Lyca at the moment, we’ll update you in private messages about your port when we can.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom 

Thanks for that 👍👌

I'd spoken to Tyler on Facebook Messenger this morning who had also reiterated that the issue is ongoing but progressing. I appreciate your update and will await further news, cheers.

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @boothy99 

We’d typically recommend to keep contact to one channel, we’ll keep you updated either here on the community messages or Facebook.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, when I bought the phone I was told to expect it on the 28th but it turned up with the SIM yesterday. I’m not able to sit down and activate until Monday at the earlier so please can you confirm that I will only be charged from Monday? Also, I am on Lyca and worried about the comments on porting. Is this fully solved now or should I wait? Thanks

Userlevel 1

Finally - number port from LycaMobile to iD Mobile has gone through today (initially was to be 3rd October).

A "minor" hiccup for 24hrs after the port-over completed and the SIM was blocked - this was quickly released again today by the iD Mobile team. All calls / texts in & out now working !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @boothy99,

Glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?