Massive middle finger to customers

• 30 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Just venting on here but to just warn people and potential customers……...ID Mobile is really crap at communication and not even telling you about issues that are probably quite important.

As some context to this. Some weeks ago my account was hacked, number stolen and ported to Vodafone without my knowledge and the obtained credit card details used to wire transfer a substantial amount from the credit card and use the now ported number to receive the confirmation code and verify the transaction. I will state for the record that this breach was not down to or anything to do with ID Mobile in anyway. Thankfully, the bank were absolutely on the ball and sorted it out resulting in me not being liable and the monies refunded. However, the experience with ID mobile was not so good. Hours spent on the online chat which lead to complaints being raised by myself. It took 7 days for my number to be restored but I would never have known as nobody contacted me to tell me this important news. Moreover, the old account had been terminated and they set up a new one to protect the number etc. but again never bothered to tell me. I found out by contacting the online advisor with some other information regarding the fraud and happened to ask how things were going (this after 7 days chasing) only to then be told all this information as a “oh by the way” kind of disclosure.

Finally someone from complaints and the CEO team reached out were I expressed my anger and absolute disgust on this. It was finally resolved with “its been passed on and will help us improve.” 

Well several weeks later the communication did improve. They got a solicitor to send an email requesting and amount of money for an unpaid bill on the now defunct account. This is despite my having the last bills for that account stating all monies for the early cancellation of the contract plus contract monthly payment (which is automatic when a number is ported to another provider) had been refunded and I was in fact in credit to the tune of £35 and some change. From what I can make out at present they have generated a bill on this defunct account. I say defunct because I have found out that it still accessible even though it was terminated. Go figure. The annoying thing here is guess what…...ID Mobile never contacted me directly to discuss or mention this…...no just bang it over to the solicitors for collection. The amount £18.47. WTF is going here with this company. If there brains were dynamite they wouldn’t have enough to blow their caps off. Is it that much trouble TO ACTUALLY TALK DIRECTLY WITH CUSTOMERS. Perhaps they suffer from laryngitis…..permanently. It is not the money. It is now principle. I have been through enough stress lately without now spending valuable time sorting this crap out. I swear if this affects my credit score after perfect payment for all my life the proverbial will hit the fan. 

Just be aware everyone. Nothing is over till its over……..or with the solicitor because they couldn’t be bothered to converse with the paying customer. Oh well one good thing I can smile on. If they ever came to work at my company they probably would last 8 hours before being told to disappear.

Here endeth the lesson. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Byrne,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud.

I would like to apologise with the issues caused with the number port on your iD Mobile account.

Our CEO Team are the highest point of contact for customer complaints and they would best assist you with your query.

Have you been in touch with them again regarding the issue with the balance on the account?

If you require further assistance here, we can drop you a PM.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

I sent the CEO team via Luke Shepherd and email on Thursday 30th November and also, after talking with the complaints team who couldn’t help me, sent an email to the email address they gave me with all relevant details and documents for investigation. I also have been in touch with the solicitors that ID Mobile kindly got involved without once contacting me and raised a dispute. As of yet I have no responses from ID Mobile. The solicitor has confirmed that they raised from their end a dispute with yourselves. 

If you drop a PM that would also be useful in case I hear nothing.

Your apologies, while sincere and well meaning, mean little I am sorry to say, and this is not intended to be against you personally, however, I have had at least 7 apologies since the whole fraud and now this started regarding lack or no communications, and each time nothing changes. I see that a lot of customers are having similar experiences regarding commuincation issues. This is something that ID mobile needs to vastly improve on and having an actual call centre where customers can actually converse with agents not just by online chat and who can direct customers to relevant departments for help rather than logging complaints that, at least in my case, I had to keep chasing for an answer and then found out the resolution by chance rather than by being contacted.

I work as a Field Service Engineer and have been for 30 years and a big part of that job is customer service and speaking with and helping customers with analyser breakdowns and issues. If my commuincations were ID Mobile level I would probably have been sacked well within my probation period.

Kind regards,

Neil.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Byrne,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?