Question

Missed delivery. Wrong PDP delivery information on website

• 1 December 2023
  • 3 replies

My phone has been returned to Currys after two attempts.

According to ID Mobile website below:

• 3 attempts will be made
  • Then DPD will keep it for seven days

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/product-delivery

DPD deliveries

If you're not at home when DPD arrives with your order, they'll leave a card to let you know they tried to deliver. Call the number on the card to arrange another delivery time.

If you don't call DPD, they'll try to deliver your order on the next working day. If you're still not at home, they'll try a third time, on the following working day.

If you don't pick up your order after the third attempt, DPD will keep it for seven days and then return it to iD. We'll then contact you to arrange a redelivery.

I ordered my phone on Sunday, I did not get it delivered on Monday or Tuesday while I was at home, then one missed delivery happened on Wednesday and a second on Thursday.  I had already checked the id mobile website so I stayed home on Friday for the third and final delivery attempt.  I contact DPD and the phone is on its way back to Currys.  There is no third delivery, no option to pick up from DPD warehouse or any of the Currys shops.  I’m told by DPD their policy is two attempts and send back to sender despite what the id mobile website says.

(Note that I had ordered a phone the previous weekend on Saturday and it arrived Sunday morning hence my expectation of it arriving by Tuesday).

Questions:

• why is the website not clearer/correct
  • why not say in the multiple emails received from id mobile/curry that next is your last delivery attempt and if not it will be returned so at least I had the option of trying to stay home rather that wait for a third delivery attempt.
  • Am I going to be charged for all this time without phone?
  • What happens next when the phone gets back to Currys? When will I get the phone?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jose100,

Welcome to the Community!

Usually 3 attempts would be made before any return is processed back to our warehouse.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi Kash,

thanks, I’ve replied to your private message.

Regarding

Usually 3 attempts would be made before any return is processed back to our warehouse.

even then, this does not agree with your website that says

If you don't pick up your order after the third attempt, DPD will keep it for seven days and then return it to iD. We'll then contact you to arrange a redelivery.

I contacted DPD and they said their policy is two attempts and then return to sender and that iD mobile is aware of this.  I don’t know who is right but both can not be correct.

Thanks for your help

Jose

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jose100,

We’ll pass the feedback onto the relevant and update the website if required.

Please get back to us via PM if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?