Solved

MMS Send Failure

Userlevel 1

Why do I get a meesage Service not activated on network when trying to attach screenshots to SMS text Message even though I have a £5 spend cap set up, and MMS enabled? Can’t send MMS either via wifi calling or 4G data.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 March 2023, 17:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Elin Robson, have a look at the following page:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

Are the MMS settings on your handset with your iD SIM card as shown online? 

Userlevel 1

After entering my phone details in the Get Your Settings, when I checked Configure Your Phone Manually - Configuration Settings - iD MMS settings, nothing was displayed. I have a Huawei P10 Lite

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might to enter the values manually in that case @Elin Robson

Userlevel 1

Hi. I’ve seen the list of settings but it isn’t at all clear where to enter those settings?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry I don’t own a Huawei P10 Lite, so don’t know the whereabouts of the Android settings for MMS on your device @Elin Robson.

Personally, I’d use WhatsApp to send pictures/screen-shots whenever possible.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help. I take your point about WhatsApp, but I was trying to send pictures to someone who doesn’t use WhatsApp.

Anyway, phone is now sending MMS fine!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Anyway, phone is now sending MMS fine!

Do you know what did the trick @Elin Robson

Userlevel 1

Nope, just randomly decided to work.  Exactly the same happened with my husband’s iPhone7, also on iD Mobile. Nether of us changed anything as far as we know.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah well, another of life’s mysteries, and your MMS works too.

Userlevel 3

Why do I get a meesage Service not activated on network when trying to attach screenshots to SMS text Message even though I have a £5 spend cap set up, and MMS enabled? Can’t send MMS either via wifi calling or 4G data.

Hey there @Elin Robson, I can see that between yourself and @andewhite, you were able to resolve this together, and we appreciate that a lot! 

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to contact us and we’d be more than happy to help. Have a lovely day both :) 

Thank you,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?