Solved

moved house no coverage

• 22 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have moved house and according to ofcom’s coverage checker our new address has no coverage inside on iD (other networks show good coverage) My contract doesn’t end until Sept 2023. Am I trapped in a contract I can’t use for the next 7 months?

icon

Best answer by Lauren 23 February 2023, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, and no @Laura.Critoph.

Yes, because your contract has lots of caveats about not always be able to provide a mobile signal in any given location. If you’ve got a home Wi-Fi network, and your handset is supported by iD for Wi-Fi Calling, use Wi-Fi Calling to call & text indoors at home. I rely on Wi-Fi Calling at home because I’m in a mobile signal not-spot.

No, if you decide to leave iD early. Do this by paying the balance outstanding on your contract.
You can find out what that is by sending “INFO ddMMyy” to 85075 (ddMMyy being date of birth iD have on record for you).

Good luck whatever you decide @Laura.Critoph.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Laura.Critoph, I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’re having with your coverage. 

Coverage can vary per area and there are many factors that can impact this. It looks like you’ve moved into an area which has a lower level of coverage than what you’re used to. However, there are ways in which you can help boost your signal. You also try switching to 3G only to see if this improves, as this will boost coverage if there’s a temporary issue at the 4G mast.

If you have a compatible handset, you should be able to use WiFi Calling to boost the signal when connected to a WiFi network. This will help eliminate Blackspots: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling.

This will definitely be the best way to help if you’re struggling indoors particularly, as you’ll be able to use your WIFI at home for calling and texting. 

-Lauren

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It may not be a good idea suggesting people switch to 3G mode, given Three UK has begun to switch OFF their 3G mobile network.

Why iD Mobile?