Question

Moved to area with no signal

• 2 December 2023
  • 8 replies

I moved house three weeks ago and am unable to use my iD Mobile at our new home as the signal is too weak.  Calls keep breaking up.  I am 13 months into a 24 month contract.  Is it possible to terminate the contract early or will I be forced to continue paying for the remaining 11 months?

I need to transfer my telephone number ot another SIM so that I can receive incoming calls.  I have been trying to get a PAC from iD Mobile for two days but neither the web site nor the mobile app is working.

Also, if I am forced to pay for the remainder of my contract I would like to be able to use its unlimited data allowance when I am away from home.  If I ever get a PAC will I still be able to use my iD Mobile data?

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately they will make it as difficult as possible to leave and you will more than likely have to pay the remainder of the contract.  Good luck getting a PAC code - I cannot send or receive txts even when I have signal.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @DACS sorry to hear that your new address doesn’t have any coverage. Have you tried rebooting your phone? Rebooting your phone will refresh your connection to the network, and may help improve signal. 

If you did get a PAC code, this would generate a termination fee for the remainder of your plan, as you would be liable for the full minimum term. If you did port your number out to another company, this would terminate the plan with us, and you would no longer be able to use the service.

I hope this answers your questions.

Yesterday I spent an hour explaining my problem over Live Chat.  I currently have 11 months left to run on a 24 month SIM-only contract with unlimited data for £15 per month.

As I cannot use my ID Mobile SIM at our new home I must switch to another network on order to receive incoming calls on the number that is known to my contacts.  The only way to do this is to use a PAC code to which will automatically cancel my contract.

I requested that iD Mobile allocate a new number to my SIM so that I can continue to use my unlimted data allowance when away from home.  The refused to do this and told me that I will have to pay an early termination fee of £163.32 if I use a PAC code.

I pointed out that I had tried to obtain a PAC code for two days, using both the web site and phone app, neither of which was working.  This is a breach of the OfCom regulation that requires a PAC coide to be provided within two hours.

The Live Chat agent offered to generate a PAC code for me.  The PAC code arrived within seconds but the termination fee had gone up to £178.62!

The agent aked me if I wanted to lodge a complaint.  I accepted the offer and was put on hold to wait for another agent to take over.  Since the waiting time was showing over half an hour I gave up.

I have sumbitted my PAC code to 1pMobile who uses the EEnetwork.  Needless to say, I will never use iD Mobile again.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you try the iD WiFi Calling service at your new home @DACS?

I rely on using WiFi Calling service at my home, which is in a mobile not-spot. 

I did try WiFi calling but it was not really satisfactory.  Also, I want my phone to work in the garden and outbuildings where I have no WiFi.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps I’ve had better luck with WiFi Calling @DACS, as I’ve found the service works well at home, both indoors and in the garden. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DACS,

Unfortunately if our coverage isn’t great in specific parts of your home we can’t advise on how to improve that.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DACS 

I’m sorry to hear you had this experience with us, over the weekend we were experiencing issues with the website which likely caused issues with requesting PAC codes via there, we can only apologise for this.

We wish you the best with your new network.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?