Question

multimedia charges on bill

• 4 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I don't understand why a multi media charge appears on my bill to myself? How could I send my own number any pictures or emojis? The charge is on the same day within minutes of each other. It's not alot of money but that's not the point and I certainly don't want to do it again so what have I done to get this charge? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Zoe McGlade 

Sorry to hear about the extra charges on your bill, are these listed as MMS messages? This is typically from sending stickers, GIFs, pictures etc over SMS.

If you’re still unsure the charges are valid, I’d recommend getting in contact with us via the iD Mobile Live Chat so we can look into the account.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don't understand why a multi media charge appears on my bill to myself? How could I send my own number any pictures or emojis? The charge is on the same day within minutes of each other. It's not alot of money but that's not the point and I certainly don't want to do it again so what have I done to get this charge? 

If you want to avoid any unexpected charges, make sure you set the bill cap for your iD My Account online to £0.

Good luck @Zoe McGlade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We also have a article on this here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges

But as above, you should set the cap to £0.00 to prevent out of plan spend.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?