Solved

Multiple accounts

• 19 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I have an iD account for my old mobile. Not knowing any better I started a new iD contract but not as an upgrade through iD mobile but through a third party retailer. It appears impossible to transfer my old phone number and account details because both old and new phones have separate iD mobile accounts and numbers. Am I stuck with having to change my phone number? And if I am, how do I close my old account so I only pay for the new contract?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 19 April 2022, 15:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Get a free pay go sim from any other network and port your number out to that SIM. You can then port it back to the new iD Mobile SIM. Or, you will need to provide iD Mobile with 30 days notice and they will close your old account and you will lose the number.

Sounds really easy, thank you. Before I rush to the nearest phone shop to grab a free PAYG SIM are there any to avoid? And how easy is it get the PAC number? Sorry for the questions but I am a real novice at these things.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

To obtain a PAC code just text 'PAC' to 65075. You won't incurr any charges for sending the text - it's FREE!

Once you have your PAC (and new pay go SIM), give the PAC along with the mobile number you want to keep to the new network you want to port out to. If you do this before 5pm, the number should port over the very next day (excludes weekends). Once the port has completed, wait 24 hours before requesting a new PAC. Give the new PAC along with the number you want to keep to iD Mobile and you will be ported back.

I will leave you to decide what network you want to port over to. Me? I would choose one of the main networks like O2.

That's really helpful. Thank you for all the time you have taken to help me.

Why iD Mobile?