Question

my Direct Debit has changed and I cant find out why

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

My direct debit increased this month by £14 and my direct debit has been changed, not by me, to the new amount. I have no idea why as this monthly increase wasn’t agreed or even communicated to me. The online chat bot doesn’t help in the slightest and It’s getting very irritating to not be able to get any answers for a direct debit change that I did not know about or authorise. I need a human to explain why this has happened and talk me through it. I don’t like the system at all and will be cancelling my contract if I can’t come to a resolution on this. Can someone please respond and arrange for me to communicate with a human? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Joanne Walter,

Any company collecting a payment by direct debit can change the amount collected - that’s how direct debit works.

Normally you’d be told in advance, but with an iD pay monthly plan, if you spend more than your allowances permit, you’ll be charged automatically by direct debit for those out-of-plan costs.

Have you looked at your iD bills to see if you’ve had any out-of-plan charges?

At iD Mobile, there isn’t any telephone support - it’s 100% online help & support. 

To avoid the annoying chat bot, just type “talk to a person” after you connect to the live chat.

Anyway, good luck @Joanne Walter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Joanne Walter,

If you haven’t already had assistance with this, please let us know here and we will get back to you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?