Solved

My iD not recognising my ported number so cant access my account

• 15 November 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an ongong issue with my phone not showing my ported number and also I have been unsuccesful in registering My iD account because the website says I have entered my details wrong. No, I haven't. It doesn’t recognise my ported number

icon

Best answer by speedomes 16 November 2023, 18:04

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doing a NETWORK RESET can sometimes force your phone to recognise the number iD allocated for your new connection has been changed to the number you wanted to keep.

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET @speedomes
Your device user guide usually explains how to perform a NETWORK RESET.

Userlevel 1

Hi, cheers for your fast response. I tried that and also reset the phone to factory settings to no avail. Phone still shows unknown number in sim slot 1 and in SIM status shows iD but says unknown number on SIM.

This is nuts. Do you know id this network provider has a alive person to speak to?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does the iD SIM card work in another device @speedomes

Unfortunately, iD don’t have a telephone support helpline - help & support is 100% online. 

The primary ways to contact customer support are:

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, same issue on different phone. Number shows as unknown

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In that case, perhaps you’ve got a faulty SIM card @speedomes

Userlevel 1

ok, thanks for your help.I’ll go down that route

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Even though the number is not displayed in the Android Settings app, can you call, text and use mobile data with the suspect SIM?

When you call and text, is the correct number shown for your device that using the suspect SIM card?

Userlevel 1

Yes I can do all that and my number is showing as the correct ported one on someones screen if I call them. I have just spoken with chat and they say my number hasn’t fully been ported yet and they are still waiting for some files from previous network supplier. I bought the phone and contract last Thursday and supplied the PAC code on same day and still it hasn't been sorted. Im sure this is why my banks and what's app are unable to verify my phone. Very frustrating.  I have been told to wait for another 48 hours. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your old provider was O2, seems you might not be alone in experiencing porting issues @speedomes

You can only hope the iD switching team are on it, if there lots of O2 to iD Mobile switches haven’t been completed properly.

Userlevel 1

oh, that’s not good news. I was with Giffgaff, same thing. I should be able to cancel this contract if thats the case?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just be careful about the terms & processes used @speedomes.

If within the cooling off period of your new iD Mobile contract, you’ll want to RETURN your order, not CANCEL your contract. 

If you cancel an iD contract, even in the cooling off period, the iD account is closed and you’re disconnected from the network (number lost).

Userlevel 1

excellent thanks

Userlevel 1

Update. After I contacted customer services via live chat, they chased the port up and I received a text saying number had fully ported. After rebooting the phone all missing texts came flooding in. It still doesn't show my number but at least I am getting messages so all good. If you have the same issue then definitely speak to the live chat. Thanks andewhite for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @speedomes,

Welcome to the Community!

It may be worth resetting your network settings and updating your number via your settings.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?