Solved

My number has not ported. How can inget this urgently resolved?

• 7 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I provided my PAC on Friday, and today, my old SIM has stopped working, so presumably the port has happened.  However, my number has not ported successfully, so no-one can contact me, and I cannot use 2 factor authentications that send a text. It’s impossible to even find how to contact customer service on the ID website, just the useless chat bot. Can anyone advise how to get this resolved as I desperately need my old number to work. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 7 November 2022, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @DD13, if you are porting your number to iD Mobile, then your port may not be completed until 5pm today (sometimes midnight). 

When I joined iD my port completed at ~3pm, and my old provider’s SIM had stopped working about 5 hours earlier.

Continuity of service is not guaranteed when porting your number between mobile service providers. I recommend turning OFF the phone with your iD SIM card, and then checking for service every 45 minutes. Keep your phone turned OFF between checks.

Good luck @DD13.  

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  When I had previously ported my number to other networks, being disconnected from the old network and my old number working on the new network was simultaneous.  Seems that is no longer the case,

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks.  When I had previously ported my number to other networks, being disconnected from the old network and my old number working on the new network was simultaneous.  Seems that is no longer the case,

It sounds like you’ve been very lucky previously @DD13 - I’ve never had continuity of service porting my mobile number from one provider to another.

Why iD Mobile?