Question

My ported number is not showing on calls or texts

• 16 July 2023
  • 3 replies

When i text people on message app it sends the message but the person i text gets it but with thd number allocated to me when i got my id mobile. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Cheryl Blowes, this often happens if you’ve used the iD SIM card in your handset before the number you wanted to keep was transferred to your iD Mobile SIM. 

Doing this means Apple or Google register your device as using the iD number you didn’t want to keep. 

A network reset often fixes the issue, and the procedure is explained in the user guide for your handset.

Userlevel 1

Hi there if you recently swapped numbers I.e you old number to replace the new number it takes a few days as I did the same you will get a text /email telling you when your old number is in use on your new sim many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Cheryl Blowes,

What date was the number set to switch over for?

If this is happening for both calls and texts then this means your number has not yet switched.

If it’s only happening on texts, then the issue is linked to either iMessage having the wrong number which you need to update or Chat Features on Android which needs to be refreshed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?