Solved

My trade in

Userlevel 1

At the beginning of March, I upgraded to the new Samsung S23. I received a quote for trading in my S21, and was told there was a £100 bonus on top of my quote. We're now into April and I have heard nothing back. I haven't received anything. Not a good look at all 😡

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 April 2023, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you complete the online claim form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @GaryWill,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite advised you would need to have followed the link and filled in the trade-in form.

Once the form has been filled you would receive the trade-in pack in the post.

Did you follow those steps?

If it’s just the promotional £100 part of the trade-in you are waiting on, you’ll need to complete the form below:

https://currys.secure-mobiles.com/embeddedforms/v1/product/trade-in-promo

Kash

Userlevel 1

I filled in the trade-in form online, received the trade-in pack and returned it. The problem is that I have received nothing. I have traded-in before and it's never usually this long. Thanks for your reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The offer’s full terms & conditions have the following section: 

🍀

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I'll give them a ring 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you still have issues, let us know and we will see if we’re able to get any movement on this for you.

Mohammed

I am having a similar issue with a trade in. Customer service has been less than helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ihb 

Sorry to hear you’ve had trade in issues, please could you let us know exactly what issues you’ve had with your trade in?

What did you trade in and when? Have you had any money sent for the trade in?

Tom

Hi @Tom 

I am having an issue with my pixel 7 trade in deal. I see on your forum this is a common issue. I sent in an old phone on 11/04/2023. I filled in all relevant forms, didn't hear anything and after a few emails was told that zero value phone do not qualify and it had been disposed of. This does not match the terms and conditions on your website. Currys trade in team sent me another terms that was not what I signed up for. I have been on the phone to them several times with no resolution. I was supposed to have a phone call with a manager which never happened and have now been told they do not deal with ID mobile customers. The ID mobile chat says to contact Currys so I am just being sent in circles.

I have seen you and your team have been able to solve these issues so hopefully you can help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ihb,

What condition was the device in when you sent it and which option did you select when making the trade-in?

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 

The device was working and that is the option I selected. I did get an email from the trade in team last Monday admitting they were wrong and that they had processed the payment. They advised to wait 3-5 working days, however the money still hasn't been sent to my bank account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ihb 

I’d recommend emailing the trade in team again about this if you haven’t received the money, if they suggested 3-5 working days on the 15th we’d have expected the money to be with you by end of day on the 22nd.

As you post was early in the day on the 22nd, have you received anything later on?

Tom

Hi @Tom 

I emailed the trade in team just before the post on here. I haven't heard anything back from the as of yet. They have not been particularly helpful and the number that I'd mobile advises to call just says it's nothing to do with them. All in all it's been a fairly poor experience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ihb,

Have you spoken to your Bank to see if there are any upcoming payments? If not, we can PM you here and try to find out what’s happened with the payment by escalating this to the Trade-in Team as it’s surpassed 3-5 working days now.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed 

I have just received another email from the trade in team saying the payment will be processed tomorrow and to wait another 3-5 days. They had informed me before that it was processed on the 15th.

If it's possible for your to contact them and ensure the payment has actually been processed this time I would be most grateful. It feels like I'm just going round I circles with this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ihb 

It sounds like the trade in team have identified the issue and have sent the payment now, please let us know if you haven’t received this within 3-5 working days, I believe this would be by the end of the day on 02/06/23.

Tom

Hi @Tom  @Mohammed 

It has been 5 working days since I received an email from the trade up team stating the payment would be made. I have still not received it. This would be the 2nd time this has happened. Would it be possible for your team to investigate this as I seem to be getting nowhere.

Ihb

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ihb 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi @Tom @Mohammed 

I have still to receive any payment. I have had several private messages from the ID mobile and after giving all my details again the now say I'm not eligible for the payment. This is despite the trade in team sending me confirmation emails the payment had been made. I got the feeling ID mobile are just sending me round in circles hoping I give up. All the time I am a perfectly good phone down.

Can you please give the contract details of someone more senior who I can speak to that could give me a proper explanation of what's going on?

IHB

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ihb 

I believe we’ve sent a private message regarding this, we’d recommend keeping contact there so we can assist best.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?