Question

network connection

• 30 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi I've changed over networks to ID. my other network is saying they can't disconnect my phone yet as ID haven't confirmed the port over of the number. I'm going to be charged extra by my old network which I really can't afford!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did you submit your port request to iD Mobile @sammio83?

tuesday

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @sammio83, did you submit the port request at the point-of-sale, when you purchased your item/s from iD Mobile?

Or did you submit the PAC on Tuesday (27/06/2023), after getting and using your new iD SIM card in your handset?

I picked up the new phone on Monday and they said they would port the number on Tuesday. I've contacted the old network but different people are saying different time frames for disconnection! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @sammio83, iD are 100% responsible for the number transfer - those are OFCOM’s rules for mobile number portability.

I’d go back to the retailer where you picked up your new phone.

Other topics here have reported although the in-store staff take your PAC, sometimes they don’t enter the information correctly at the point-of-sale, so the port doesn’t happen.

the port has definitely happened but the old network have not disconnected!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Technically, that’s something iD need to fix - OFCOM rules make the gaining service provider (iD Mobile) 100% responsible, which includes telling the old provider to close the old account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sammio83 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?