Solved

Network issues in Chilwell, Nottinghamshire. Weak 4G signal and slow data speeds

• 19 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there. 

I’ve recently contacted iD mobile in regards to poor 4G network coverage in my area. They’ve advised me there’s a fault on my local mast however weren’t able to give me any date in regards to when this will be fixed. 

I’m m just wondering if anyone else has had issues in the Chilwell, Nottinghamshire area with data speeds on 4G especially. I am in the NG9 6 area. 

Kind Regards,

Adam White.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 20 January 2022, 11:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @AdamJW93,

You can keep an eye on the actual network status in your area using the following online page:

Network Status Checker - check your signal and get support | Three

While your 4G coverage is bad, you could try using the iD Wi-Fi Calling service, if your handset is on iD’s Wi-Fi Calling supported devices list.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi there.

I’ve used both the three coverage checker and the iD mobile coverage checker. Unfortunately none of them gave me any info in terms network faults. 

I only found out by contacting live chat and wasn’t given any completion date for the fault to be resolved.

Unfortunately I don’t have WiFi at my address.

Kind Regards.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @AdamJW93, the following page provides the current network status at any given postcode:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot.

I’ve just checked my postcode on this link and it says this. 

Regards. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, well hopefully not too much longer until three finish their “Big Network Build” activity in your area.

Good luck @AdamJW93.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ande.

Yeh hopefully. Will this be the reason behind the issues I’m experiencing at the moment then? 

Regards. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, I think so.
It’d explain the slow data speeds and weak 4G signal you’re currently experiencing.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ande. 

I’m just contacting three now about it to see if they have any further info in regards to when the work will be complete. 

Cheers.

Userlevel 1

It’s very strange as 3G doesn’t seem to be affected by the issue. It’s only when my phone switches to 4G where I’m having the issue.

I’m guessing my phone is using a mast further away with high usage. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m just contacting three now about it to see if they have any further info in regards to when the work will be complete. 

Cheers.

The work in your area for three’s “Big Network Build” project will probably take weeks, not days to complete.

I’m not sure three will help, because you’re not one of their customers, but worth a try.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?