Question

New contract billed at old contract rate?

• 19 December 2023
  • 1 reply

So I upgraded about 2\3 weeks ago to a 30 day rolling sim only deal after the  previous 2 year contract was in its last month as told if I do nothing I'd be continued to be billed at the full contract rate of £40.32 despite that the phone cost had been paid after the last to this months bill.  Thought it was now illegal to continue to bill for the handset loan cost after the minimum period was over for the handset?

Anyway, so I upgraded to a sim only deal about 2\3 weeks ago as I received an email to state the minimum period was about to come to an end.  The sim only deal I changed to is £9 per month and when I log into the online account the account details seem to confirm this. 

Yet tonight I have received a bill, some 2\3 weeks after moving to a sim only deal for the full old contract rate of £40.32 and not what should now be a rolling 30 day sim only deal.  

Anyone care to explain why I'm therefore being billed at the full old contract rate for the next month then the new sim only deal I upgraded to early this month?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Anne1974 

If the bill was sent before you’ve upgraded you’d be billed at the old amount this month and then corrected in the month after that.

With the new “upgrade”, were you given a new number?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?