Question

new customer, poor speed

• 21 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I'm a new ID customer, moving across from EE. 

Despite the Three network coverage saying I'd get good indoor and outdoor coverage at home, it's not useable. I have to rely on WiFi calling, and the data speed are abysmal. 

I've had to buy a backup EE SIM now to ensure I get good data coverage at home. 

Please let me know if there's anything I can do myside, as it's not workable at the moment. 

Thanks

Andy

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the best option is to return your iD order in the cooling off period @Ajax77, because the real-world signal reception at home doesn’t sound good enough.

The online coverage checkers are only theoretical predictions of coverage at a given location, based on computer models, along with a number of assumptions, etcetera.

The https://mastdata.com website has information about actual signal reception for many locations in the UK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ajax77 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

It is possible as @andewhite suggests that our signal is not very strong for your area, therefore may be worth looking into a return if needed.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?