Solved

New monthly plan.

• 24 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am on a rolling monthly plan.

what's the procedure to change to a different monthly ID plan offered on a comparison site?

would this require a new eSIM?

TIA

icon

Best answer by iD Support 27 April 2024, 10:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately that’s not possible, @Chris-net

If you do purchase an iD plan through an affiliate via a comparison site, you’ll be buying a new connection to the iD mobile network.

Userlevel 1
Badge

thanks

I'm sure I did this last time & got a deal that wasn’t on the id site, link took me to the id site to complete the purchase and moved my plan over.

is this now not possible?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think so, @Chris-net - maybe just give-it-a-go and see what happens?

If you do end-up getting a new connection, you can always return your order in the cooling-off period.

🤞

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Chris-net, @andewhite is correct here. Unfortunately you aren’t able to upgrade your existing number through a third party website. You’re only able to upgrade your number via iD direct, Carphone Warehouse and Mobiles.co.uk. 

However, there is a way around this by method of a triangle port. This would involve transferring your number to a pay as you go SIM with another network, using this as a stepping stone and then transferring the number onto the new iD contract. This would also automatically cancel off the old plan.

If you have any further questions on this, feel free to let us know.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?