Question

New Pay Monthly Sim Not working

• 22 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I am a new customer to ID and got my phone last week. I have put the SIM card in and my phone is not recognising it. I have restarted and cleaned the sim and still nothing, I don’t have a welcome email from ID so have no idea what my number will be either 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What make and model phone are you using with the SIM?

Samsung, I don’t remember what model though x

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK, the reason I asked was to make sure you weren't using an old 2G basic phone as iD Mobile has no 2G infrastructure and thus the SIM will not work on such phones.

If iD mobile supplied you with the handset as part of your contract, then it should definitely work! It’s possible that the SIM is faulty. If the SIM is faulty, then the quickest way to get a replacement would be to call in to a local Curry’s store and pick up a free replacement.

Best speak to a live chat agent and have them confirm that your account is correctly setup and showing as active first. You can do that by following the instructions I posted here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Izzi321 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?