Solved

New phone and contract via web rather than upgraded by ID app, is it possible to retain old number?

• 13 August 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

New phone, new contract, but chosen via web for purposes of nabbing the right deal rather than the app upgrades.

I've read something online that seems to show I can't keep my number?

Is this true?

Same email and financial infos, same me, so it was more of an intuitive move for me than ID perhaps.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 13 August 2023, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot port or move a number from one iD Mobile account to another. You also cannot use your existing online account to manage your new contract. You will need to register for a new online account. Be warned though, you cannot use the same email address previously used to register for your old account with your new account.

Userlevel 1

Okay, so I see an account number in my original sim only contract account. And there is the new account number, for the new phone + contract, in one of the several emails sent as of this weekend.

I therefore am to re-register with a new email and then what what's the next step? Add the new account number or details to it somehow?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you want to keep your existing number, then you either need to return and cancel the new contract and upgrade your existing one or port the old number to another network and port it back to the new line.

If you just want to register for a new online account to manage the new contract, then first get hold of a new email address and register using the new email address, new phone number and new account number. You will then have two online accounts, two direct debits and two numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Okay, so I see an account number in my original sim only contract account. And there is the new account number, for the new phone + contract, in one of the several emails sent as of this weekend.

I therefore am to re-register with a new email and then what what's the next step? Add the new account number or details to it somehow?

Hey @TheSillySausage,

This will depend on if you want to keep your number or not.

Upgrading when done via the account replaces your existing number with a new number.

New contracts are for a second new number separate to your current.

You can’t port from one iD account to another.

Mohammed

I NEED HELP CAN SOMEONE CALL ME

My contract is finishing on sept 2 2023 i already upgraded my contract 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My contract is finishing on sept 2 2023 i already upgraded my contract 

Hey @Carrie Macamos, do you mean the 24-month minimum term of your iD contract will end 02/09/2023?

Yes

account # is finishing on sept 2 and i already upgraded new account # 

pls terminate my old account so i wont be paying 2 accounts 

i want to use my old number 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Carrie Macamos, you can’t transfer your mobile number from account #????7427 to account #????8111. 

If you want use the number from 7427, one option is to get a PAC (for this account) and give that to another service provider.

Once the number you want to keep has transferred successfully to the new temporary service provider, get a PAC from this service provide, to use with your 8111 iD account. 

It’s a faff and will take a while to complete, but it’s one way to use the number you want keep with 8111, and cancel the 7427 iD account.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Carrie Macamos,

Please let us know if you require any assistance or information regarding keeping your number.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?