Question

New Pixel 8, did IDMobile/three disable the wifi calling option? (DEALBREAKER)

• 13 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Help, I got my IDMobile phone just over a month ago and it seems like they have DISABLED the wifi calling option in the Pixel8! I’ve used it in Samsung and my Pixel 6a so I know where it is (on those phones with Vodafone) and how it works, but my new Pixel 8 does NOT have the option even!

This is a total dealbreaker, I live in a poorly connected area and before trying IDMobile/Pixel 8 wifi calling has been a lifesaver. Does anyone know what’s happened to that option, is wifi calling not possible with three/idmobile or my pixel 8?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

According to the iD Mobile approved handset list, Pixel 8 is approved for using the iD 4G Calling and iD WiFi Calling services. 

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Perhaps some mobile operators don’t support all the setting options available in the handset OS, in the network profile they provide for the handset. 

For example, with iOS you can’t edit APN settings on an iPhone handset when you’re connected to the iD Mobile network, but you can edit APN settings when connected to the SMARTY network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ohuk 

We haven’t disabled the access to Wi-Fi calling for the Google Pixel 8/8 Pro, as @andewhite suggests it’s marked as such on our approved handset list.

We may not have an available option for toggling the Wi-Fi calling, but we definitely support it on the device.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Found it, searched for “wifi” in settings. Doh! Works well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ohuk,

Just checking if you managed to resolve this?

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?