new sim

• 22 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I've just ordered an additional sim with my account details I already have.  This will just add an additional one on to it won't it and not take over the one I've already got? 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Currently, an iD account can only be linked to one SIM card (network connection) @Jo217

Not sure what you’ve ordered, but it might be a new connection @Jo217, in which case the SIM will have been linked to a new iD account. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Jo217 do you know if you have purchased a second plan or an upgrade? If it is just an additional plan, this will run along side your current plan. If it is an upgrade, this means you have upgraded your current plan.

Userlevel 1

I didnt click on upgrade in my account i simply ordered one from ID website. I just want it to override the plan I already have. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I didnt click on upgrade in my account i simply ordered one from ID website. I just want it to override the plan I already have. 

Unfortunately @Jo217, sounds like you’ve purchased a new connection for the iD network, which comes with a new number and new iD account.

At iD, you can’t move a mobile number from one iD account to another iD account. 

To use the number you want keep with your new connection, you’ll need to do a triangle port, or return your order and then upgrade your original plan. 

A triangle port involves switching the number you want to keep to a different service provider on a PAYG SIM plan. Then switching the number you want to keep back to your new iD plan. 

Userlevel 1

Sorry I meant to put i DON'T want it to override my current plan I do want a new sim with a new plan so hopefully this will be correct if im right?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jo217, from your posts it sounds like you haven’t upgraded, but just purchased a new connection, which comes with a new number and should be completely independent from your existing iD contract.

Userlevel 1

Thank you I'll keep my fingers crossed 🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jo217 

I’d agree with @andewhite, it sounds like you’ve purchased a new connection, which would have absolutely nothing to do with the currently existing plan, you’ll be issued a fresh iD Mobile number with a new connection, register a new iD Mobile app/website account etc.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?