Question

New SIm but no mobile number

• 2 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi Everyone can someone please help. I just joined ID mobile and I recieved a confirmation email with my transaction number and I just recieved my sim card too. I have a PAC code as I want to keep my old number however….the number on the back of my sim card starts with 23752… and I can not see the phone number anywhere...can someone please help. The phone number isnt listed in my emails either. Thanks so much for your time and help :) 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your new iD SIM card is ready to use, so just pop it into a phone and call or text a friend or family member, and they should be able to tell you the mobile number currently linked to your iD SIM card.

Good luck @marymc

Andrew thanks for the reply...but I want to know my number without popping it in as I need to keep my old number until the transfer happens. Its my work phone and I am self employed so its sort of important. Do you have any other advice? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @marymc, if you don’t want to use the new SIM yet, you’ll need to wait here until someone from iD reads your community post. 

iD staff read community posts once-a-day, sometimes less often.

And a word of warning about non-personal use of iD SIM cards, from their current terms & conditions:

No no no I am a self empoyed yoga instructor

Thanks Andrew….I am beginning to think after reading lots of things on here I may have made a mistake and its easier to go to a proper in shop provider...this all seems a bit of a hassle. I appreciate your help.

Mary 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re happy with 100% online only help & support, then iD might be okay. 

However, if you rely on your mobile as a sole trader offering yoga instruction, then iD might not be a good choice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @marymc 

Typically numbers are sent in the “Welcome to iD” email, do you have this?

Please let us know if you still don’t have the iD Mobile number so we can get in touch and take a look.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?