Solved

New SIM Card does not work

Userlevel 1

New SIM card does not work in a supported iPhone, nor in another iPhone that uses ID Moble already.   Do not know mobile number as new to ID Mobile.  Chatbot cannot help and I cannot speak to a real customer services agent to sort this out.  How can this be resolved?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 4 November 2022, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kath Laing, try talking to the iD Mobile social media customer support team.

Get in-touch using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Otherwise, with the iD online chat just type “talk to a person” after connecting, so you get an iD agent - not the 24/7 chat bot.

Good luck @Kath Laing. . 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the advice.  I tried “talk to person” but firstly the agent confused me with someone else at the same address also with ID Mobile, and then could not confirm my identity as one of their systems was down for an indeterminate time!  In the end, I decided to try the SIM again 24 hours later, and by then the ID Mobile internal systems had sorted themselves out and initiated the card.  So all good now, but they did come across as slightly disorganised.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Glad your SIM card is finally working @Kath Laing.
I think iD Mobile have been changing a lot of things behind-the-scenes, which is why they appear somewhat disorganised.

Account Transaction number REMOVED.

Hello , the sim card has stopped working on the account number above  , 

Can someone please contact me ASAP as its important to get this resolved,  

Clive Jones 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Clive Jones,

Sorry to hear your SIM card has stopped working.

Have you tried taking the SIM out and restarting the phone?

You can also try testing the SIM card in another device.

Has anything changed recently, such as processing an upgrade? You may have activated another SIM card due to this.

Let us know if you still need help and we can PM you to troubleshoot the issues further.

Mohammed

We have taken the sim card out and checking with another phone , and also turning it off and back on again , 

When I agreed to with to go to sim only , I was told as the current contract does not end until the end of January the phone will continue to work , now we have had to purchase a pay as you go sim ( which I want to claim back from you ) so that we have a working phone , this has not been very helpful going through a chat line , why can’t someone call me to get this sorted .  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Clive Jones,

Did you upgrade your existing contract to a SIM only plan?

It sounds if I’m correct, your old contract was a handset contract and you switched this to a SIM only plan.

So a new SIM card should have been sent with this.

Can you confirm?

Mohammed

Yes it was a contract phone and the contract is still running until February , and I was told that when the current contract ends in February to put the new sim in ,  

So why has the sim stopped working if the contract is still running and you are charging the contract phone rate ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Clive Jones,

Sorry for any confusion here.

Did you purchase a new deal or was it an upgrade?

If you have upgraded to a 30 day rolling contract you would be paying the new upgrade amount for the contract and the contract would continue until you request to cancel it.

Have you received a new invoice for the contract with the same amount billed?

Kash

I am sorry but I getting a little annoyed with all this chat , 

Please can someone call me on REMOVED , so this can be sorted ,  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Clive Jones,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?