Question

New SIM card not working on iphone 14 despite char operator saying it was activated

• 20 December 2023
  • 6 replies

I just got my new iPhone 14 today and am starting a contract with ID mobile. When I enter my SIM, it says No SIM entered. I was on the live chat with the operator and they said they had activated my SIM for me but it still says that there’s no SIM in the phone. I’ve not even received my phone number in the pack or anything so I can’t register myself to activate it or anything. Any help would be appreciated. 

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Lewis H Smith 

As that saying goes you get what you pay for and customer service isn’t part of it.

Best thing for you to do is cancel your contract and move to another provider as I’ve been through this and more with this company and they’re no longer taking any notice of me so this is why I’m saying this to you for.

Well that’s not convincing to hear…

My family have had contracts with ID and they seemed to have good things to say about them but how can someone say they have activated my SIM when they clearly haven’t. 

Userlevel 1

I was told exactly the same thing as your family but by a friend as people had said to her it was a good company so I thought I would give it a go.

I had 2 contracts that where both up with o2, one was mine the other was my daughters the first few days was great but then all of the hassle started.

So I was off while I was in the cooling off period and I moved back to o2

I waited 2 weeks for my pac code to come through from this company.

Despite trying to contact them and when I did speak to them without getting cut off the chat service all it was is you’ll receive a text.

When I did get the code it took 5 days to transfer back across.

It wasn’t till after I had left I had started reading the reviews of the company and I was like oh! I wished I never bothered as that saying goes you pay for what you get yes it’s cheaper than most of the big company’s but when you’ve got a problem then your in trouble as like I said I’ve still got issues but they’re not interested.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My family have had contracts with ID and they seemed to have good things to say about them but how can someone say they have activated my SIM when they clearly haven’t. 

Unfortunately, perhaps the SIM card you’ve received has been damaged somehow, or might be faulty @Lewis H Smith - does it work in another handset?

If not, you should get a replacement SIM as explained in the following forum article.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lewis H Smith 

I’m sorry to hear this, have you been able to try the SIM in another handset?

Have you tried resetting network settings on the device with the SIM card inside?

If the above don’t work, it may be worth trying the above from @andewhite and trying a replacement SIM card.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?