Skip to main content
Solved

New SIM isn't working, and PAC transfer hasn't happened

• 28 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’ve taken out a new iD contract via mobiles.co.uk, and as part of that I supplied the PAC from my current network (giffgaff). I have received an iD SIM and put it in my phone, but it does not seem to be registering - it just says “Emergency calls only”. The phone number did not come on SIM card holder or in the envelope, so I have no idea what the new number is. The SIM manager on my phone recognises that the SIM is an iD SIM, but also says “unknown number”. I was told my PAC transfer would happen yesterday (27th) but it clearly hasn’t as my giffgaff SIM is still connected.

Can anyone advise? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

As members of this online iD forum can’t look at iD customers accounts, nor switching status, maybe speak to iD support online at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, @jwestley.

The iD advisers work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends) - the iD chatbot works 24/7.

🍀

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the speedy response andewhite. I’ll try what you suggest.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @jwestley 

Sorry to hear this, do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom, this did eventually get sorted, although I think it was more by accident than anything! 

I did speak to iD mobile support, who redirected me to mobiles.co.uk, who redirected me back to iD mobile support, who still couldn’t help. So I gave up :D

Then, out of the blue and about two weeks late, my iD mobile SIM finally activated. I had to resubmit a new PAC code, but the transfer worked fine.

So it looks like my order just got lost somewhere between mobiles.co.uk and iD mobile for a while.

Anyway, it’s all good now. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @jwestley, we’re glad to hear all is sorted!

Thanks,

Tyler