Question

new sim not

• 24 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Have purchased a new sim, inserted it and activated it on my ID Mobile account over 48 hours ago.

it still is not working.

my old sim was with if mobile and works.

this new sim is 5g but I don’t have 5g coverage where I live. But have been to a location that does. Still no service. 

ive done everything on the suggested checks.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Am I correct in thinking that you had an iD Mobile SIM but ordered a replacement and that you’ve logged in to your iD Mobile account and followed the activate a new SIM process, but the new SIM isn’t working but the old SIM card is?

FYI - There is no such thing as a 5G SIM card. Your old SIM will work just fine with 5G providing you have 5G coverage and a compatible 5G phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Annawisebow,

​​​As the post by @WelshPaul states, our current SIM cards will work with the 5G network in 5G coverage areas, so a new SIM card is not needed. If your old SIM card is still working, then you will be fine to continue using it.

Additionally, at the time of buying a new SIM card, did it mention a different plan? I just want to be sure that you have not ordered a brand new contract by accident if that was not your intention.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?