Question

New sim not working

• 8 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I recently upgraded the sim contract on my phone. I'm keeping the device from my previous contract which ended, I just needed a new sim contract as trying to save money by not upgrading to a new device.

New sim arrived, I added it to the phone. Registered it (after a few hiccups of getting logged into my account), but I have no network. I've restarted the phone, taken the sim out and back in again, did the airplane mode thing - all the steps. Twice over, but still I have no network. Its been close to 48 hours now since I added in the new sim.

The old sim was accidently thrown out with the packaging of the new sim, so I'm unable to put that one back in.

Where do I go from here?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @leannes14 

If you’ve upgraded a replacement SIM would be sent out but this wouldn’t be mandatory to use, the old SIM would still be the active one.

If you’ve registered to the iD Mobile app/website you’ll be able to activate a replacement SIM.

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

1. Go to My services and tap Activate my SIM 

1. Scan your SIM card barcode or enter the 19-digit number printed on the SIM cardholder* 

1. Click Activate your SIM 

1. Wait a few hours for the new SIM to be activated 
    *If you don’t have the cardholder anymore, don’t worry - the number is also printed on the back of the SIM card. It’s an 11-digit number, and you just need to add '89442001' to the start of it.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?