Solved

New SIM only contract

• 11 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi , just come to the end of a 2Y SIM only contract , offered an upgrade via e mail - went on app and chose the deal I wanted - I assumed would keep same SIM card , DONT want new number , looks like a new SIM is being posted - got a very confusing e mail ?

how do I get a new deal and keep same number

icon

Best answer by Kash 17 March 2024, 09:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Phil Taylor,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like a new SIM has been sent out to you if you clicked the upgrade option. If you definitely upgraded you’ll keep the same number.

On some occasions when you upgrade a new SIM is sent out to you.

If your old SIM is no longer active you’ll need to wait for the new SIM to arrive.

Kash

Old SIM active and contract ends 30/3 , did upgrade using app but keep getting e mail saying new SIM on way and indicates it’s a new number - how / who can I contact to check ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you have an email that lists a new number then it definitely isn’t an upgrade, it will be a second plan. 

Thanks for replying, is my only option to cancel ( in 30 days) and then do again - how do I upgrade and keep same number ( go into a Curry’s?)

can’t believe it’s so difficult to stay - easier to move and get a PAC

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Phil Taylor,

You can look at a triangle port if you would like.

It would mean that you move your old number to a different network then once it has ported to them you obtain a PAC code from them and port the number onto the new iD Mobile account.

Please check for any termination fees involved with cancelling your old iD Mobile account.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?