Question

new Sim problem

• 24 June 2023
  • 2 replies

New to ID. I missed the original window I had set up to insert and set up my new SIM as stuck in standstill traffic for 4 hours . Confirms online my aim is active . I could call out on my new SIM and it came up as my original  number I had set up to port .  However, I was not able to receive calls and or text  although my phone was recognising I had put in an ID SIM.  I could not receive calls. It seems to have corrupted something as now when I put back my vodafone aim the calls are somehow barred unless I temporarily reset and switch off WiFi ? Very odd. 

Is this a time sensitive issue when the slot is created to port over or does it take some hours to have aim in before it updates  ? Very hard to get support and no telephone options. 

Can someone in online support help me solve this asap as I desperately need this sorted before travelling. 

My phone is a Google pixel 3a 

Thanks 

Ben 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If this is time sensitive @benthurlow, I’d advise you to contact iD Mobile using their online live chat service, otherwise get in-touch privately using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM (direct message).

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @benthurlow,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this and we can check this out.

If you haven’t been in contact with a different team as of yet, please let us know and we can send you a PM.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?