Question

No 4G and 3G only averege to good

• 23 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m in the process of switching from O2 to ID Mobile. Before I decided to buy iPhone 15 with SIM from ID Mobile I have checked the Network Coverage on your webpage for my area (EX34 8DH). It said that both 3G and 4G were good in my area outdoor and indoor.

In reality there is no 4G reception neither at my postcode nor in entire Ilfracombe town and surroundings. Also 3G signal fades out in majority of indoor places that I checked.

This means that the deal which I have go for to buy new iPhohe with 100GB of data is completely useless as I cannot use the data (3G even with good reception is not enough even for web browsing) and in many situations I can’t even use it make and receive phone calls.

What options do I have? Can I revert switching process and return this iPhone with SIM for a full refund and go back to O2? Or can I keep the phone and get a partial refund to use it in another network?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TomaszB 

Sorry to hear that your signal isn’t quite what you’d want from our network, all new iD Mobile plans have the option to return early on based on being unhappy with the signal, it may be worth exploring this option if you are not happy with your signal.

Tom

Hi @Tom 

Don’t you have other options? If your coverage map says that 4G signal is excellent outdoors and indoors but in fact only poor levels of 3G are available, don’t you think it would be appropriate of sending an Engineer here to check what is going on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TomaszB,

Can I ask if you have tested the SIM in a different handset incase it’s a handset fault?

We wouldn’t send an engineer out for this unfortunately.

Although we try to make these coverage results as accurate as possible, the information is only a guide and doesn't guarantee service availability in a particular location. Our roll out plans are updated regularly but may change over time. Your network signal may differ while inside.
The coverage shown may vary depending on your device.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?