Question

No coverage at home

Userlevel 1

I am with ID for 5 years. Inside my home was covered for years, but there is no coverage (not even a line) for the past few months? Can this be down to my old handset that fails updating itself or an old SIM card? How can I remedy that? I am missing important phone calls and fail to receive texts. Please help. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked the Three Network Status checker for any outages in your area?

In addition, what does the iD Mobile Coverage checker now say for the general signal in your area?

Three UK might be in the process of switching OFF their 3G network infrastructure in your area, which is part of their plan to cease 3G operations by end of 2024 - more about this here.

What type of phone are you using?

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for replying. 

You are right. 3G is down at my postcode.

My phone is Xiaomi Redmi 4x (2017). Would you suggest buying a newer mobile that supports 5G network?

Thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Three (iD Mobile’s network partner) will be operating their 4G & 5G networks well past 2024.

Unless you’re desperate for 5G, your Xiaomi supports 4G so you should be fine.

I think 5G is overhyped, with all the mobile networks very eager to sell new handsets, on 24-month contracts, with handsome profit margins.

If you decide to get a new device, get one that works with the “iD WiFi Call” service (see here), so you can use your home Wi-Fi network for mobile calls and texts.

I rely on the “iD WiFi Call” service at home, in my mobile not-spot.

Why iD Mobile?